How To Bid
You must first register to be able to place a bid.
The easiest way to do this is to register on-line via the website. This will allow you to place a bid on-line from the comfort of your own home at any time during the auction.
- From the HOME page of the website hover over the tab "Login" this will open a drop down list.
- At the bottom of the list click the option "Register" This will take you to the registration form. Fill in the form with your contact details.
- The Display name is the name shown on the website against your bid, this can be any name or nick name (no inappropriate names please).
- You will need to remember your User Name and Password to be able to place a bid.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions. Once you have read these click on the box next to "Accept Terms & Conditions" then click on Register at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a message "Registration Complete"
- Once you have submitted your registration you will not be able to bid until we authorise you.
- Please register at least 24 hours before you wish to bid to allow us time to deal with your registration.
- Please contact us if you want to bid immediately before your registration has been authorised.
You are now registered to access the website to place a bid.
If you have any problems registering please telephone us and we will assist you with your registration. Tele 07940448376 or 0800 331 7966
- Go to LOGIN and input your User Name and Password
You can now place a bid on the bird you are interested in
- To do this click the BID NOW box on the right hand side of the bird details.
This will take you to a page with the full bird details and will display the current bid. From this page you will be able to place a bid and set a maximum bid on the bird you are interested in if you wish.
- On the left hand side of the page is a red box BID £000 This is the bid button and it displays the next bid increment.
- Once you click on this red box you have placed a bid.
Once you place a bid we cannot withdraw it from the auction.
- To set a maximum bid click in the box next to Set max bid.
Input the amount of your maximum bid ie £200.00. Then click on the red box Set max bid.
- The website will automatically bid on your behalf up to your maximum bid if someone bids against you.
- The information relating to your maximum bid is only visible to you.
- If two bidders set the same maximum bid on a bird the bird sale price will go to the maximum bid amount set by the two bidders.
The successful bidder will be the first bidder who set that maximum bid amount.
The bids will go up in £25 increments from £100 to £500, £50 increments from £500 to £1000 and £100 increments over £1000
- If you are successful in bidding for a bird please telephone us the day after the auction closes to make arrangements for payment and collection/delivery of the auction bird, pedigree and transfer form/ring card. Tele 07940448376 or 0800 331 7966
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or Debit Card. We do not accept credit cards.
There is a buyers premium of 1.5% on all payments except bank transfers.
- If you wish to collect your bird collection is by prior arrangement. Please contact Michael Brown on 07940448376 or 0800 331 7966 for details.
- If you are arranging for your bird to be collected by courier please contact Michael Brown on 07940448376 or 0800 331 7966 for details.
A Complete Online Auction Service
What Our Service Involves
Photography Imaging & Design
We are able to arrange professional photographs to present your pigeons in the best possible way.
Auction Website with Online Bidding
We have installed the latest internet auction facility where fanciers from all around the world can view and bid for your birds on line. Our auction site has automated updates and a count down clock for each lot so everyone has the chance to bid and ensure the best possible price for your birds. We can also send out sale lists for those fanciers without internet access and take telephone bids on their behalf.
Global Marketing & Announcements.
We can design your advertisements and announcements for display in various pigeon magazines and websites.
Dispatch of birds to new owners.
We will send out all the birds sold in the auctions to their new owners in the UK,
including the despatch of the pedigrees and transfer forms.
Debit Card & Bank Transfer Payment Facility
We will collect all payments on your behalf from the successful bidders and after deducting all necessary expenses forward you the balance.
We do not except Credit Cards
Professional Friendly Customer Service.
All you have to do is deliver your birds to us with the relevant details or we can arrange collection from you, then sit back and enjoy a stress free auction while we do the rest.
Commission & Auction Charges
Complete auction service. Adverts in the fancy press can be designed and submitted for an additional charge;
If you require us to arrange collect of the birds from you then an extra charge will be made
depending on distance and volume of birds.
If you require any additional marketing/advertisements P.O.A
The Benefits Of Internet Auctions.
1. Internet Buying & Selling, This Is The Future.
2. No venue or stewards handling fees.
3. You and your customers can view your auction in the comfort of your own home.
4. Global exposure for the entire world to view and bid for your birds.
5. We provide sale lists and a telephone bidding service for those without internet access.
6. Maximum bid facility if you are unable to view the auction on the final day.
7. Personal debit card payment facilities. (Sorry we do not accept credit cards)
8. Our professional competent team will do all the work while you enjoy the auction.
9. Public auctions have a limited attendance due to the distance fanciers have to travel to attend.
10. Stress free buying and selling.
Please note "we", "us" and "our" refers to Redstar Auctions Ltd and "you" means the user of the website, www.redstarauctions.co.uk.
We make every effort to ensure the information published on this website or in any of our advertisements is up to date and accurate but cannot accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions.
We reserve the right to make changes without notice. Any disputes will be decided by Michael Brown and his decision is final.
We cannot accept any legal responsibility for any errors, omissions or financial losses if the website should go down due to any unforeseen circumstances.
We shall not be liable for any deaths, losses, costs, damages or expenses of any birds whilst in our care.
We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the customer as a result of difficulties arising from delivery of the auction bird.
If the website is unavailable due to circumstances such as a power cut, server problems etc we reserve the right to extend the auction finish day and time.
You must be registered to place a bid. You can register on-line via the website or if you have no internet access you can register and bid by telephone.
All bidders must be over 18 years of age and able to form a legally binding contract
All online registrations will be vetted by us before being allowed to place a bid.
We reserve the right to refuse registrations to bid on the website and to withdraw website access for those already registered.
We reserve the right to withdraw Lots from an auction and to amend information / photographs of auction Lots.
We reserve the right to charge a daily fee for any auction birds not collected within 10 days of the auction closing.
If a bid is placed in the final 15 minutes of the LOT closing, the closing time will be extended by 15 minutes. This process will continue until no bid is placed in the final 15 minutes of the LOT closing.
Once you place a bid on the auction website www.redstarauctions.co.uk it cannot be withdrawn. Your bid is binding.
Bids will not be accepted unless they are higher than the amount shown in the High Bidder Column on the auction page.
You may be asked to provide a deposit before being allowed to bid on the website. This money would be put towards the cost of your auction birds. Any credit would be carried over to the next auction or refunded.
If auction price is between £100 and £500: Minimum bid increase: £25.00
If auction price is between £500 and £1.000: Minimum bid increase: £50.00
If auction price is over £1.000: Minimum bid increase: £100.00
All bids are in GBP
Full payment is required within 48 hours of the auction closing. If an auction closes on a Sunday full payment must be received no later than the following Tuesday. Payments can be made by Bank Transfer or personal Debit Card. We do not accept payment by Credit Cards. If you wish to pay by bank transfer please contact us for our bank details.
All payments except bank transfers will be subject to a Buyers Premium of 1.5% to cover administrative expenses. The Buyers Premium will be applicable to payments made by debit card, cheque or cash. There is no Buyers Premium payable on bank transfers.
For example if a bird is sold for £200.00 and the buyer pays by debit card the buyer will pay 1.5% = £203.00
If the buyer pays by bank transfer the total amount payable would be £200.00
We reserve the right to charge more than 1.5% if we have incurred additional costs collecting your payment.
We welcome international bidders but please contact us before placing a bid. WE DO NOT PROVIDE EXPORT OR COURIER SERVICES. It is for the buyer to book & provide their chosen courier with all necessary documentation for the export & transport of their birds & to make any Customs Declaration that is required.
International buyers are responsible for all bank charges incurred by themselves and us.
Any import/export duties or taxes will be the responsibility of the buyer. The buyer will also be responsible for ensuring they have an import agent who can obtain the necessary licenses and permits for import/export of the birds.
We accept no responsibility or liability for the birds once they leave our care. Shipment is made entirely at the buyer's risk and expense.
DELIVERY/COLLECTION OF AUCTION BIRDS
After payment auction birds can be collected by courier only. Any birds not picked up by courier after payment will incur a holding fee of £15 per bird weekly fee. Please contact Michael or Victoria Brown on 07940 448376 or 0800 331 7966 for details.
Any successful bidders that fail to pay for their birds will be de-registered and will be banned from participating in any future auctions. Their full name and address shall be displayed on this website indefinitely.
In the event of a lot being reoffered due to non-payment then we reserve the right to re-offer the bird from the last legitimate bid.
By registering on the website you agree to receive newsletter emails about the auctions. If you do not wish to receive these emails please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Vendors must ensure
1. All auction birds are vaccinated and a copy of the vaccination certificate is supplied.
2. All birds submitted for auction are healthy
3. All auction birds must be registered in the vendor's name and suitable signed transfer forms provided. International auction birds must have a ring card.
4. Pedigrees are supplied for all auction birds unless otherwise agreed with us.
5. Pedigrees must state the sex of the auction birds or a list of the sex of the birds is to be submitted.
6. If a vendor withdraws a bird from an auction once the pedigree and any additional auction information has been prepared by us we reserve the right to make a charge to cover administration costs.
7. All vendors should endeavour to resolve any issues with their birds raised by the buyer to the buyer's satisfaction. This may include a full refund or replacement bird.
We do not own the birds auctioned on the website unless stated and we rely on the owner to provide accurate information about the bird and to ensure the birds health, fertility and sex. If any birds are deemed to be infertile or have health problems then the purchaser will need to contact the previous owner of the bird to arrange testing and a refund from the previous owner if the bird is found to be infertile or to have health problems. We use edited/enhanced photos of the birds and pedigree information supplied by the seller. We cannot be held responsible for parts of this website that do not work or for data on this website that is incorrect, incomplete and/or outdated. Visitors and/or users of this website cannot in any way whatsoever derive any rights to the information provided and therefore we are not responsible for direct or indirect damages as a result of the use of information from this website.
By using the website and placing a bid you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your payment. We do not accept payment via the website and we do not store your card details. We are based in the UK and take all reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018 with regard to your personal information. We do not pass your details on to any other Company other than limited information needed for payment and delivery. No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed 100% secure and we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet and you do so at your risk. Any personal information you supply you do so voluntarily and you agree to it being used to deal with your order/enquiry/purchase.
Contact Details: Michael Brown on 07940 448376 or 0800 331 7966.